The 1st Conference on Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism Development in the Arab Region
New appointment in November 2017 will be concretized | Sharm El Sheikh- Egypt, Organized by Civilization and Heritage Center- Fayoum University
(Available only in English)
The conference explores the way in which we can use our heritage as a sustainable development tool or as a method for achieving a sustainable development within this important specific regional area (The Arabian Region).
The Arab region has rich Heritage represented in its cultural sites, oral traditions, historical cities, languages, cultural landscapes, festive events, natural and sacred sites, rites and beliefs, underwater cultural heritage, music and songs, museums, performing arts, movable cultural heritage, traditional medicine, handicrafts, literature, documentary and digital heritage, culinary traditions, cinematographic heritage, traditional sports and games, etc…
Many of the Arab Countries are at a critical cross-road; the suffering, revolutions, struggling, murdering and terrorism which has its negative impact on the cultural heritage which need to conserve its aspects in these emergencies times to conduct the sustainable tourism development in the future by creating the full use of the various cultural heritage domains to achieve a sustainable socio-economic development for the local rural communities as well as overcome the threats and problems which face the cultural heritage management; either the tangible or the intangible aspects in the Arab Countries.
The research is a particular useful tool for the following:
- Developing interpretation and marketing strategies for tourism operators and heritage managers.
- Forming Arabian cluster of experts in cultural heritage tourism.
- Providing an insight for the development of strategic initiatives to support cultural heritage tourism product development at a local, regional and state level.
- Understanding cultural heritage tourism economic successes and failures and the nexus between heritage sustainability and economic benefits
- Measuring social capital in relation to cultural heritage tourism.
The main objectives of the conference are: how to use heritage as an industry; how to benefit from the various experiences of the heritage experts; how to use the heritage privileges and assets of heritage to achieve positive economic impact and social development on the local communities in Arab Countries; and to enrich the importance of heritage as a socio- Economic development tool.
- To Measure to what extent the Arabian tourism sector can manage to make full use of the Arabian cultural heritage.
- To follow up the successful Experiments of preserving and marketing the heritage through the exchanged ideas, and comparative discussions between the academies, professions and stakeholders, in order to assess best practice for the success of projects and avoid having to start from the beginning.
- To highlight the cultural tourism as an important and vital element in the world tourism map.
- To estimate the economic value of the Arabian cultural heritage on national cultural institutions.
- To assist the Arabian tourism industry (particularly those located in regional and rural areas) in understanding the growing importance of cultural tourism, by developing a number of case studies of cultural landscapes tourism.
- To develop a series of factors those contribute to success in achieving viable cultural heritage tourism and heritage conservation goals.
- To create the full use of the various cultural heritage domains to achieve a sustainable socio-economic development for the local rural communities.
- Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainability
- Heritage Marketing and fundraising
- Documentary Heritage, Digital Technologies and the Dissemination of Knowledge
- Virtual Heritage and Development
- World Heritage and Sustainable Tourism: a Multifaceted Relationship
- Cultural Tourism in the Arab Region
- Heritage Impact Assessments as a Tool to Open up Perspectives for Sustainability
- Heritage and Local Community Development
- Risks and Emergencies in Heritage Sites in the Arab Countries: From Mitigation to Adaptation
- Mission and Vision of Sustainability Discourses in Heritage Studies
- The Role of Living Heritage for Sustainable Tourism DevelopmentSustainability in the World Heritage Convention: The Making of a Policy Framework
- Natural Heritage and Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Development and Intangible Cultural Heritage: Integrating Culture into Development
- Potentials of Intangible Cultural Heritage – How Food and Handicrafts Can Contribute to a Sustainable Regional Development
- Culture, Heritage and Solidarity in the Context of Sustainable Development
- Urban Planning of heritage sites
- Heritage Laws and LegitimationThe Arabia Heritage Organizations: Responsibilities and Roles
- Heritage Awareness between the communities in the Arab Countries
- Museums as heritage organization for Tourism promotion
- Final Abstract : 15 June 2017
- Accepted Abstracts : 15 July 2017
- Final fees Payment : 10 August 2017
Each abstract must include the 6 elements. Titles may contain up to 85 characters, including spaces. The abstract body may contain 2500 characters, including spaces. Section heads (ie, Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions), are not included in the abstract body character count.
Registrate on Conference’s official E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Wahid Omran
Tel: +2 0100 1743417
|Egyptian Researcher:||2500 L.E|
|Egyptian Student:||1500 L.E|
|Foreign Researcher:||₴ 400|
|Foreign Student:||₴ 200|
|Egyptian participant without a paper:||2000 LE|
|Foreign participant without a paper:||₴ 300|
Note: Fees include publishing the paper in Heritage and Tourism Journal- Faculty of Tourism and Hotels, Fayoum University in addition to three night full incl. accommodation at 5- star hotel at Sharm el-Sheikh
|CULTNAT- Library of Alexandria|
|“Institut Heritage Studies” – Internationale Akademie Berlin|
|South Sini Governorate|
|Université Française d’Égypte|
|Egyptian Ministry of Tourism|
|Egyptian Ministry of state for Antiquities|
|Academy of Scientific Research & Technology|
|Egyptian Ministry of Environment|