In the book 40 Years World Heritage Convention, the authors present the history of the most successful convention that has ever been adopted by UNESCO. In this publication, the authors provide the diverse backgrounds, developments and details of the Convention and support their discussions with a number of images.
They offer insights into current discourses and critically reflect on the increasingly commercialized way in which the Convention and the therein-protected property are handled.
40 Years World Heritage Convention. Popularizing the Protection of Cultural and Natural Heritage
Marie–Theres Albert, Birgitta Ringbeck.
Volume 3 of the Heritage Studies Series
De Gruyter, Berlin, 2015. ISBN 978-3-11-042776-9
- The UNESCO Memory of the World Programme:
Key Aspects and Recent Developments
- Going Beyond – Perceptions of Sustainability in Heritage Studies No. 2
- Perceptions of Sustainability in Heritage Studies
- Understanding Heritage
- World Heritage and Cultural Diversity
- Training Strategies for World Heritage Management
- Perspektiven des Welterbes – Constructing World Heritage
- Nature and Culture – Ambivalent Dimensions of our Heritage
- Cultural Resources Strategy for Sustainable Development – The CCC Method
- Guide to the Valorisation of Intangible Cultural Heritage in the Lausitz
- Feasibility Study
- Publications (HS)
- Publications (World Heritage Studies)