The Pillars of Sustainability for the Implementation of the UNESCO Conventions and Programmes
The Chair Intercultural Studies / UNESCO Chair in Heritage Studies, together with the German Commission for UNESCO and the Gerda Henkel Stiftung and financial support from the Deutschen Bundesstiftung Umwelt, carried out a symposium in Bonn from 29 June to 5 July 2015 on the topic “The Pillars of Sustainability for the Implementation of the UNESCO Conventions and Programmes”.
Organized in the form of 6 think tanks, about 30 persons took part in each, who along with the moderators were representative of the world. They brought their conceptual and /or project-related positions for sustainable heritage protection and heritage use into discussion and ensured that reflections on facets of the topic went broader and deeper than before and above all that they went beyond European points of view. The symposium can be considered a complete success, both qualitatively and quantitatively. The stimulating presentations and the intensive exchange of all participants can be considered important steps for broadening and deepening the international discourse on sustainable heritage conservation and heritage use.
View or download the concluding summary here:
Videos of the given lectures
In cooperation with:
Further titles of the section Completed Projects
- Our World Heritage – Mining Cultural Landscape Erzgebirge/Krušnohori
- “Transboundary European World Heritage – a Topic for UNESCO Project Schools”
- Proceedings: African Heritage and the Pillars of Sustainability
- African Heritage and the Pillars of Sustainability
- International Academy Cottbus (ISAC) 2015
- Symposium: “Steps in the Implementation of the Global Strategy in Germany”
- World Heritage and cultural diversity in theory and pedagogical practice
- Exploration, Evaluation and Preservation of the Church of Peace in Jawor as a World Heritage Site (2011-2014)
- International Research Project: “Cultural Capital Counts (CCC)” (2011-2014)