The Chair Intercultural Studies / UNESCO Chair in Heritage Studies and the Chair of Architectural Conservation of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun (Poland) have conducted the international research project “Exploration, Evaluation and Preservation of the Church of Peace in Jawor as a World Heritage Site” with the aim to explore architectural and building history, to assess the different “values of remembrance”, and to compile a management plan concerning the sustainable use and protection of the Church of Peace in Jawor.
the Federal Institute for Culture and History of the Germans in Eastern Europe (BKGE) with the support of the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM).
The project was funded by the Federal institute for culture and history of the germans in eastern europe (BKGE) with the support of the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM) .
- Project results can be found at: Project results
We especially would like to point out the management plan, which was created within the framework of the project by Dr. Francesca Schellino and Dr. Waldemar Affelt in July, 2014.
Further information abaout this project and partner institutions can be found at: UNESCO Chair in Heritage Studies, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg, Germany
- 50 Years World Heritage Convention: Shared Responsibility – Conflict & Reconciliation
- Our World Heritage – Mining Cultural Landscape Erzgebirge/Krušnohori
- “Transboundary European World Heritage – a Topic for UNESCO Project Schools”
- Proceedings: African Heritage and the Pillars of Sustainability
- African Heritage and the Pillars of Sustainability
- International Academy Cottbus (ISAC) 2015
- Symposium: The Pillars of Sustainability of the UNESCO Conventions and Programmes
- Symposium: “Steps in the Implementation of the Global Strategy in Germany”
- World Heritage and cultural diversity in theory and pedagogical practice
- International Research Project: “Cultural Capital Counts (CCC)” (2011-2014)